Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by lars hofhansl <lh...@yahoo.com> on 2012/07/15 06:26:32 UTC

State of the 0.94 tests.

Looks like the 0.94 tests are in very bad shape.
I have been trying for the past two days to get a single build passing all tests so I can use the builds artifact for the RC.

Just look here https://builds.apache.org/job/HBase-0.94/. No passing build for the last 16 builds. And only 6 builds passed in the last 59 builds.
This is clearly not acceptable.

Next week I'll isolate the tests that most commonly and those need to be fixed or they should be removed. A flaky test is worse than no test.

-- Lars

Re: State of the 0.94 tests.

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Lars,

I tried many times to run the tests locally. It's often hanging in the
middle and then never ending. But when I try to run the test which is
crashing alone, it's working fine.

I was trying with the trunk, but I think it's the same thing with 0.94.

I'm retrieving 0.94 to retry. Just let me know you need some feedback.

JM