Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au> on 2019/05/06 09:48:06 UTC

[DRAFT] Apache Groovy Board Report - May 2019

Draft board report. Let me know if you have any feedback otherwise I'll
probably submit tomorrow.

Regards, Paul.

-----------------------

 - Apache Groovy is a multi-faceted programming language for the Java
   platform. Groovy is a powerful, optionally typed and dynamic language,
   with static-typing and static compilation capabilities, aimed at
multiplying
   developers’ productivity thanks to a concise, familiar and easy to learn
   syntax. It integrates smoothly with any Java program, and immediately
   delivers to your application powerful features, including scripting
   capabilities, Domain-Specific Language authoring, first class functional
   programming support and runtime and compile-time meta-programming.

## Issues:

 - Outstanding issue: Website: some more progress has been made
   in the last quarter but this task is not quite finished - work will
continue.
 - Update on open collective: the open collective crowd funding site[1]
   mentioned in the previous report has now been set up. So far all is
   operating well. We received positive feedback from within The ASF on
   how it was set up. The open collective has also received good support
   within the broader Groovy community. We will continue to monitor the
   collective to ensure branding guidelines etc. are maintained.

   [1] https://opencollective.com/friends-of-groovy

## Activity:

 - This quarter, 1196 commits were contributed from 59 contributors
   including 47 non-committer contributors (10 new).

## Health report:

 - Committee Health score: Healthy
 - Apache Groovy was downloaded 40 million times during the last quarter
   (across Maven Central and JFrog Bintray). That's about 1/4 of a billion
   downloads that we have recorded since the project's inception
   (includes pre-Apache numbers but excludes numbers from Apache
   servers/mirrors and other repositories).

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 9 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Andres Almiray on Thu May 31 2018

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 17 committers.
 - Last committer addition was Remko Popma at Sat Jul 07 2018

## Releases:

 - Last release was 2.5.6 on Mon Feb 04 2019

## Mailing list activity:

 - Mailing list activity has remained steady.

 - users@groovy.apache.org:

 - dev@groovy.apache.org:

## JIRA activity:

Re: [DRAFT] Apache Groovy Board Report - May 2019

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.
I'll update that - that is just what the auto report template produced.

Cheers, Paul.