Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Lester Caine <le...@lsces.co.uk> on 2007/08/06 13:22:14 UTC

[users@httpd] Upgrade niggle 2.0 to 2.2

OK I've upgraded form 2.0 to 2.2 as part of a move to keep in line with a
reasonably up to date setup, but I've hit a niggle in the access log.

My new setup is logging all access against 0.0.0.0 and I can't see what I need
to change/fix to get back the logging of the real IP address.

Can someone boot me in the direction of some notes that will help me out. The
2.0 setup has always been fine and I don't know if I ever changed anything to
get that working so I sort of expected 2.2 to do the same.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------

Re: [users@httpd] Upgrade niggle 2.0 to 2.2

Posted by Lester Caine <le...@lsces.co.uk>.
Joshua Slive wrote:
> On 8/6/07, Lester Caine <le...@lsces.co.uk> wrote:
>> OK I've upgraded form 2.0 to 2.2 as part of a move to keep in line with a
>> reasonably up to date setup, but I've hit a niggle in the access log.
>>
>> My new setup is logging all access against 0.0.0.0 and I can't see what I need
>> to change/fix to get back the logging of the real IP address.
>>
>> Can someone boot me in the direction of some notes that will help me out. The
>> 2.0 setup has always been fine and I don't know if I ever changed anything to
>> get that working so I sort of expected 2.2 to do the same.
>
> Is this windows 2000? If so, see:
> http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/WindowsPlatform

TA - That was the one :)

I assume that I am right just adding
Win32DisableAcceptEx
to httpd.conf since it worked :)

Up until now I've been happy with the limited apache tuning that I've had to
do, but I think I need to start learning a bit more about what is IN
httpd.conf ;)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 8/6/07, Lester Caine <le...@lsces.co.uk> wrote:
> OK I've upgraded form 2.0 to 2.2 as part of a move to keep in line with a
> reasonably up to date setup, but I've hit a niggle in the access log.
>
> My new setup is logging all access against 0.0.0.0 and I can't see what I need
> to change/fix to get back the logging of the real IP address.
>
> Can someone boot me in the direction of some notes that will help me out. The
> 2.0 setup has always been fine and I don't know if I ever changed anything to
> get that working so I sort of expected 2.2 to do the same.

Is this windows 2000? If so, see:
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/WindowsPlatform

Joshua.