Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Richard Lewis-Shell <rl...@mac.com> on 2003/06/05 01:15:02 UTC

WML/Nokia query

Hi,

I am trying to get a simple WML Hello World example going with Tapestry 3
and Nokia Mobile Internet Toolkit 4.  Strangely, if I use the OpenWave SDK
5.1 simulator the example seems to work, but not so with the Nokia
simulator.  The problem appears to be that the href that the Home.wml's go
component is generating (href="/MyApp/wap") is the same as the URL used to
access the app (http://localhost/MyApp/wap), so the simulator decides to do
nothing when the accept button is 'clicked' (actually, it does reset the
name field, but using a debugger breakpoint in the servlet, I can see there
is no request sent to the server).  I have tried turning off all caches
everywhere, but the same thing results.  Anyone got something like this
working with the Nokia simulator?

Richard

RE: WML/Nokia query

Posted by David Solis <ds...@legosoft.com.mx>.
We always use theses tags in the wml file:

  <head>
p:forua="true"/>
  </head>

Did you try with these tags?

I tested our wml application with Nokia 9200 and it was successful.
People tested application with at least six different models and we
don't have any bug reported. I guess the WAP gateway is more intelligent
than emulator.

Another workaround should be to use get instead of post for the go
component.

Can I see the wml generated?

Regards

David

Logically

tapestry-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

Re: WML/Nokia query

Posted by Richard Lewis-Shell <rl...@mac.com>.

Re: WML/Nokia query

Re: WML/Nokia query

Posted by Richard Lewis-Shell <rl...@mac.com>.
Same thing when the Nokia simulator is on a different PC to the server...

Posted by David Solis <ds...@legosoft.com.mx>.