Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Xavier de Labouret <Xa...@cvf.fr> on 2006/12/18 13:26:28 UTC

maven1: bundle dependencies

Hello Maven-users,

We are using Maven 1 very widely in our company. Among other things we
use it to produce standalone applications.

While Maven does quite a lot to help making a WAR package, we found no
simple way (read: using only project.xml/project.properties) to make a
standalone app. The maing problem was that we did not find a way to
bundle jar dependencies, without writing a maven.xml script.

* did we miss something?
* if not, is this feature planned for the next 1.1 release?

Best thanks

Xavier de Labouret

Re: maven1: bundle dependencies

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.
In maven 1.0.2 there was the uberjar plugin [1] which was deprecated
because it doesn't work with maven 1.1 anymore. You might try the
javaapp plugin at sourceforge [2], I don't know what its status is with
maven 1.1.

As for the 1.1 release, we don't plan to include any more new features
(we are busy enough maintaining what there is), but if you attach a
patch to [3] we might include it in the next release of the dist plugin.

HTH,
-Lukas

[1] http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/plugins/uberjar/
[2] http://maven-plugins.sourceforge.net/maven-javaapp-plugin/