Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org> on 2018/09/18 09:34:39 UTC

[Discuss] Exclude Spark from Kylin's binary package

Hello,

Today Kylin's binary package ships an Apache Spark binary, the total
package is 297 MB in v2.5.0; I noticed that if the package is above 300 MB,
it would be rejected by Apache SVN. Now in the whole package, Spark takes
about 200 MB. Later when we upgrade to a higher version, the package can be
bigger. Without spark, the package is around 100 MB.

Since we don't have customization to Spark, we can provide a
download-spark.sh script for the user to easily download. If the user
already has that in local, he just needs to copy or create a symbolic link
in Kylin folder.

This will reduce 2/3 package size, and save time/bandwidth for distributing
Kylin. If you see a problem this change may bring, please complain.

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋

Re: [Discuss] Exclude Spark from Kylin's binary package

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
Thanks for billy's comment; A JIRA is created for this change:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-3571

Billy Liu <bi...@apache.org> 于2018年9月18日周二 下午10:35写道:

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Billy Liu <bi...@apache.org>.