Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "Harmesh, V2solutions" <ha...@in.v2solutions.com> on 2007/07/03 09:24:34 UTC

Error while searching in nutch-0.9 which is converted from nutch-0.8.1

Hi all,
      Please any can help me out with this problem.
I had already have a crawl which is done in nutch-0.8.1 ,
Now i want this crawl in nutch-0.9, so i converted the crawl of nutch-0.8.1
to nuch-0.9
by using the below command.

bin/nutch convdb <oldDb> <newDb> [-withMetadata]

Then when i tried to search for some term using the command
 " [nutch-0.9]$ bin/nutch org.apache.nutch.searcher.NutchBean golf "

When i tried to search, it gave me the error :
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.hadoop.io.Text
        at
org.apache.nutch.searcher.FetchedSegments.getSummary(FetchedSegments.java:204)
        at
org.apache.nutch.searcher.NutchBean.getSummary(NutchBean.java:344)
        at org.apache.nutch.searcher.NutchBean.main(NutchBean.java:395)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.hadoop.io.Text
        at org.apache.hadoop.io.UTF8.compareTo(UTF8.java:123)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.io.WritableComparator.compare(WritableComparator.java:107)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.io.MapFile$Reader.binarySearch(MapFile.java:369)
        at org.apache.hadoop.io.MapFile$Reader.seek(MapFile.java:338)
        at org.apache.hadoop.io.MapFile$Reader.get(MapFile.java:392)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapFileOutputFormat.getEntry(MapFileOutputFormat.java:86)
        at
org.apache.nutch.searcher.FetchedSegments$Segment.getEntry(FetchedSegments.java:95)
        at
org.apache.nutch.searcher.FetchedSegments$Segment.getParseText(FetchedSegments.java:86)
        at
org.apache.nutch.searcher.FetchedSegments.getSummary(FetchedSegments.java:159)
        at
org.apache.nutch.searcher.FetchedSegments$SummaryThread.run(FetchedSegments.java:177)

Please can any one tell me what will be the problem, one thing i know that
nutch-0.9 has text format insted of UTF8 , this error seems to be of that
only , but how can i solve this..

Thanks in adavance..