Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Patrick Plaatje <pp...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/17 17:12:44 UTC

XSD to JCR nodetype notation

Hi folks,

just had a look at the deserted and discontinued SchemaConverter to see
whether it could help me automagically transform my XSD's to
NodeTypeDefenitions. By the looks of it, this class was created a long time
ago and hasn't been touched since. For one thing, it's not working with the
current Jackrabbit Stable release. I was wondering if this class was
abandoned for a reason? Or was nobody interested in maintaining this?

I could probably modify the class to be used by Jackrabbit 2.x and take it
from there, but is there any reason i shouldn;t be doing this?

Cheers,

--
Patrick Plaatje
Senior Consultant

Re: XSD to JCR nodetype notation

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 5:12 PM, Patrick Plaatje <pp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> just had a look at the deserted and discontinued SchemaConverter to see
> whether it could help me automagically transform my XSD's to
> NodeTypeDefenitions. By the looks of it, this class was created a long time
> ago and hasn't been touched since. For one thing, it's not working with the
> current Jackrabbit Stable release. I was wondering if this class was
> abandoned for a reason? Or was nobody interested in maintaining this?

I think nobody just wasn't working on it.

> I could probably modify the class to be used by Jackrabbit 2.x and take it
> from there, but is there any reason i shouldn;t be doing this?

Please do! I'm not sure how many people are using the feature, but if
you need it, it's quite likely that others do too. So I'm sure any
work in this area will be appreciated.

PS. If you're taking a look at the code, adding some test cases that
make sure that any future changes in Jackrabbit won't break it again
would be really useful.

BR,

Jukka Zitting