Posted to dev@kudu.apache.org by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com> on 2016/08/09 17:34:09 UTC

Flaky tests

Hey folks,

Looking at the flaky test dashboard[1] this morning I see that a bunch of
tests have gotten quite flaky in recent days.

I did a little digging and looks like our slaves got changed to run on
4-core machines instead of 8-core, which probably is causing some of this
(particularly the timeouts on cfile-test). But, other issues appear to be
real flakiness.

For now I requested that we move back to 8-core instances, but let's make
an effort to de-flake these over the coming days. Please take a look and
see if any tests you've added recently are on the flaky list. I'll take a
look at the ones that aren't newly changed, hopefully in time to make
improvements for 0.10.

-Todd

[1] http://dist-test.cloudera.org:8080/

--