Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Lachlan Munro <lo...@hotmail.com> on 2015/11/05 03:47:01 UTC

QA Testing Intro

To whom it may concern,
I have recently been introduced to the world of software testing, previously unknown to me and came across your open source software which i am familiar with, and have seen the opportunity to be involved in such a project as a volunteer.
My name is Lachlan, a 22 year old living in Sydney, Australia. I have recently started my career in IT working as a Support Desk Analyst, while also completing a certificate in IT to help back up my experience, for the past 18 months. I have always been an IT person, assembling and tearing apart computers from a young age, and curious about the way products actually function. I enjoy analytical thinking and have a logical approach towards things.
 I also had an opportunity to work with a well known software tester, James Bach, in a 3 day course which was held in Sydney. I feel working with OpenOffice would open up my understanding of testing and further enabling my abilities and skills.
I would very much appreciate an opportunity to work with OpenOffice to gain great experience.
Regards,
Lachlan

R: QA Testing Intro

Posted by pa...@gmail.com.
Lachlan,
excuse me if I intrude into this conversation.

I couple of years ago I have stated working in the OpenOffice effort, but
currently only check whether there's anything interesting on which I can
work, and give my contribution.

I happened to notice MUNRO, and SYDNEY, which brings me to ask you
whether you are somehow related to Boyd Munro.

If you are somehow related and you do not resent my intrusion, please let
me know, as I have worked for Boyd.

But if on the other hand you do, please disregard this message which has
nothing to do with the OpenOffice effort.

Thank you,
Paolo Gerolimi