Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Thomas Guettler <gu...@interface-business.de> on 2000/04/19 19:05:52 UTC

sql update request for documentation

After searching several hours I found
the solution to the problem that
an sql update resulted in an no-data
sqlerror.

<xsp:logic>
  String id=request.getParameter("id");
  String firstname=request.getParameter("firstname");
  if(id!=null &amp;&amp; !id.equals("") &amp;&amp; firstname!=null
&amp;&amp; !firstname.equals("")){
 <query connection="www_odbc" update-rows-attribute="t">
  insert into person(id, firstname) values("{@id}","{@firstname}")
 </query>

I think the update-rows-attribute="t" should be documented.

or is the sql-processor already deprecated, and you should
use the tag-lib instead? But in 1.7.2 there is no docu
for a sql-tag-lib.

Thomas

Re: disable-output-escaping

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
"Mikael Ståldal" wrote:

> In article <38...@apache.org>,
> Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> >The problem is that Cocoon uses Xerces serialization classes and Xalan
> >doesn't (yet).
> >
> >But we _are_ working for a solution for that. Just wait for another
> >Xerces release, or grab the latest Xerces out of CVS, then it should
> >work (I presume).
>
> Wouldn't it be a good idea to move the serialization stuff
> (the org.apache.xml.serialize package) out of Xerces into a separate
> distribution and let both Xalan and Cocoon make use of it? Then the
> serialized output could be more consistent between Xalan and Cocoon.

Yes, this is called TRaX and you can find it at www.openxml.org... we
_are_ working on making things easier and more portable... but this is
how the bleeding edge goes: great technology but not yet so solidified.

But we are moving fast.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: Serializing and formatting

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, Mikael St�ldal wrote:

> In article <Pi...@localhost.localdomain>,
> Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com> wrote:
>
> >I tend to concur, though I also tend to hold the opposing viewpoint that
> >cocoon should ask Xalan to do the rendering if Xalan was the last
> >processor to touch the document. Otherwise how are you going to honor all
> >of the different XSLT output directives people keep complaining that
> >cocoon ignores?
>
> Isn't it possible to support all XSLT output options in a general
> serializing package?

I don't think so - the formatter gets the resulting XML document, which is
generated by the XSLT, and doesn't (shouldn't) have the XSLT output option
information included in itself anywhere. That information would have to be
passed along as an extra set of arguments - which I don't think is
happening consistently perfectly right now.

- donald

Serializing and formatting

Posted by Mikael St�ldal <d9...@d.kth.se>.

--
/****************************************************************\
* You have just read a message from Mikael Ståldal.              *

Re: disable-output-escaping

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.

Re: disable-output-escaping

Posted by Mikael St�ldal <d9...@d.kth.se>.
In article <38...@apache.org>,

Re: disable-output-escaping

Posted by tom stuart <to...@obsess.com>.
On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> > >         <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&lt;foo&gt;</xsl:text>
> > I know Xalan supports it :)
>
> The problem is that Cocoon uses Xerces serialization classes and Xalan
> doesn't (yet).
>
> But we _are_ working for a solution for that. Just wait for another
> Xerces release, or grab the latest Xerces out of CVS, then it should
> work (I presume).

I tried this, and got the same results as Taras Shumeyko reported - any
occurence of <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes"></xsl:text> simply
gives the same (escaped) output as before, except with the addition of

	&lt;?xslt-next-is-raw formatter-to-dom?&gt;

before the "unescaped" text.

Is there really no solution to this? It would seem quite common that one
would want to have this kind of "malformed XML" in an XSL stylesheet (eg.
conditionally open a bold tag, and conditionally close it later).

Should I just give up and wait for, uh, Cocoon 2?

Cheers,
-Tom

Re: disable-output-escaping

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

!! disable-output-escaping

Posted by Taras Shumeyko <no...@humgat.kiev.ua>.
I run with current Xalan, Xerces and was trying Xerces from CVS

I  have input :
         <b><xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&lt;</xsl:text></b>

Resalt in HTML is:

<b><?xslt-next-is-raw formatter-to-dom?>&lt;</b>

How i can solve this porblem with unescape in Cocoon ?

Re: disable-output-escaping

Posted by Darren Scott <ds...@bluecheese.co.uk>.
Tom,

>         <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&lt;foo&gt;</xsl:text>
>
> or is this yet to be implemented? Is it supported but rendered useless by
> the formatters?

I know Xalan supports it :)

Darren Scott
Production Director
bluecheese.co.uk

disable-output-escaping

Posted by tom stuart <to...@obsess.com>.
Hi,

Does Cocoon (Xalan?) support

	<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&lt;foo&gt;</xsl:text>

or is this yet to be implemented? Is it supported but rendered useless by
the formatters?

I ask because of a thorny problem I'm having, which may or may not have an
alternative solution. I want to output cells into a table with the option
of dynamically closing the current row and starting a new one. So I'm
trying to do

	<xsl:for-each select="item">
			<xsl:value-of select="name"/>
		<xsl:if test="newrow=1">
		</xsl:if>
	</xsl:for-each>

but it's choking ('org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The element type
"xsl:if" must be terminated by the matching end-tag ""') presumably
because I appear to be improperly nesting the <tr>s, although the output
itself should be perfectly well-formed, obvious colspan-mismatch problems
notwithstanding.

How can I get around this? Using <xsl:text>, <![CDATA[]]> and a few even
worse ways, I've only managed to get escaped HTML output, ie.
&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;tr&gt;.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
-Tom