Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/01 00:00:45 UTC

[VOTE] release maven-shade-plugin version 2.0

We solved 4 issues:

** Bug
    * [MSHADE-103] - maven-shade-plugin does not resolve from
user-defined repositories
    * [MSHADE-124] - Need better plan for getting
dependency-reduced-pom.xml out of basedir
    * [MSHADE-130] - Mark mojo as threadSafe for parallel builds

** New Feature
    * [MSHADE-112] - New property to enable shading the java text
inside the sources artifact (not just shading the java source file
locations)

There are still plenty more fish in this sea.

Stating repo:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-026/
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-026/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-shade-plugin/2.0/maven-shade-plugin-2.0-source-release.zip

Staging site:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-shade-plugin-2.0/

Guide to testing staged releases:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html

Vote open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

Re: [VOTE] release maven-shade-plugin version 2.0

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
I don't understand why it is failing for you: it works perfectly on my machine
(same Maven version), and it should work for you since the version is defined
in dependencyManagement in org.apache.maven:maven-parent:22

but no problem if you need to add this little redundant information

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hervé

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
my experience with maven-site-plugin multiple branches was a nightmare
this gave me sufficient motivation to work on Maven 2 & 3 bi-compatibility, but
I don't know if such magic is feasible with maven-shade-plugin

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
I'm willing to do the branch homework once the dust settles.

Posted by Chris Graham <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1 for a branch.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 4:22 PM, Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> wrote:
> This opens up another can of worms: how to deal with plugins which cannot be made maven2 compatible anymore but we like to implement a new feature? How long do we like to support maven2 at all? Will we create a branch for those plugins?

The principle has to be that we can't force volunteers to volunteer,
but we can make it easier.

So, while we're wandering from the [VOTE], I'd propose these policies:

1: No 'gratuitous' introduction of M3 requirements. There's been
plenty of email about this.

2: Make a branch for M2 releases before making the first M3 release.
If someone has the itch, they can then port fixes and make releases on
it without having to go spelunking to find the right rev to branch
from.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.