Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> on 2006/10/24 17:53:12 UTC

Re: RemoteDelivery Gateway

Ole Ersoy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get James to deliver my mail via
> Comcast's smtp server.
>
> However I'm getting the following:
> 20/10/06 22:38:31 INFO  James.Mailet:
> RemoteAddrNotInNetwork: Authorized addresses:
> [127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255, 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0,
> 24.13.179.233/255.255.255.255]

This output from the RemoteAddrNotInNetwork matcher is not related to
RemoteDelivery gateway configuration.

If RemoteAddrNotInNetwork blocks your message is because your mail
client is connecting to James from an unauthorized ip.

> I added the gateway element per the wiki instructions
> like this:
>
> <gateway>''smtp.comcast.net''</gateway>
>
> I also tried it like this:
> <gateway>smtp.comcast.net</gateway>

This should work.

> Any ideas?

Just connect to james from 127.0.0.1, add your IP to the addresses
listed in RemoteAddrNotInNetwork matcher configuration or authenticate
your client session (SMTP authentication, using a James user login/pass).

> Thanks,
> - Ole

Stefano