Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Robert S. Thau" <rs...@ai.mit.edu> on 1995/06/29 03:06:31 UTC

New shambhala snapshot (virtual hosts, bugfixes in includes&elswhere)

FYI, I've put up another snapshot of my Shambhala server; this has
been up here for a week and a half now (nobody griped, so I never took
it down), and Randy Terbush has started to use it as well.  (Randy has
helped find some bugs which were lurking in the includes code; I now
have a lot more confidence in it, thought there may still be something
lurking somewhere).

This release supports a first-cut virtual host implementation, which
has been tested on Randy's preexisting virtual host setup, and passes
the smoke test there; it differs from the current Apache code in that
just about anything can be configured per-virtual-host (Aliases,
ScriptAliases, ErrorDocuments, etc.), though there are a few known
glitches which will be cured next week (i.e., if the main server has a
/cgi-bin ScriptAlias, virtual servers can't override it).  XBITHACK
is still not supported... it will be after I'm done with it next
weekend.

See ftp://ftp.ai.mit.edu/pub/users/rst/shambhala4.1.tar.Z if you have
an interest.

rst

Another site turns over to Apache

Posted by William Denton <bu...@io.org>.
Things seems to have been very quiet here lately, so I thought I'd
mention that www.io.org is now running Apache 0.6.5.  We get about
150,000 hits and ship about a gig of traffic a day.

We'd been using NCSA 1.4 for a while, but lately a ton of SIGSEGVs
started cropping up in the error logs, and we couldn't figure out why.
So far, no problems at all with Apache, and the machine is running well.

I'm looking forward to playing around with it, and upgrading soon.

Bill
William Denton | <URL:http://www.io.org/~buff> | buff@io.org | Caveat lector.
                     The line forms on the right, babe.