Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Jarnagin.Andrew" <An...@SunTrust.com> on 2011/08/01 16:25:58 UTC

Tomcat 7 and Java 7

I want to use Java 7 features in Servlets with Tomcat 7. I have tried
unsuccessfully to deploy Tomcat 7 with Java 7. I also tried compile
Tomcat 7 with Java 7 and failed as well. It is likely that I am doing
something wrong. I want to deploy in Windows XP. I haven't found any
news confirming that this is possible. I have noticed some entries of
startup speeds of Tomcat 7 under Java 7. Has anyone successfully
deployed Tomcat 7 under Java 7? If so is there something I am missing?

Thanks,

Andrew (Trey) Jarnagin | Enterprise Architect | SunTrust Banks |
678-429-2080

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

SunTrust is a federally registered service mark of SunTrust Banks, Inc. Live Solid. Bank Solid. is a service mark of SunTrust Banks, Inc.
[ST:XCL]

Re: Tomcat 7 and Java 7

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 01/08/2011 15:25, Jarnagin.Andrew wrote:
> I want to use Java 7 features in Servlets with Tomcat 7. I have tried
> unsuccessfully to deploy Tomcat 7 with Java 7.

Unsuccessful how?

> I also tried compile Tomcat 7 with Java 7 and failed as well.

Failed how?

> It is likely that I am doing something wrong.

With the (lack of) information provided so far, agreed.

> I want to deploy in Windows XP. I haven't found any
> news confirming that this is possible. I have noticed some entries of
> startup speeds of Tomcat 7 under Java 7. Has anyone successfully
> deployed Tomcat 7 under Java 7?

Yes. On Windows XP.

> If so is there something I am missing?

It would appear so.

Mark

Re: Tomcat 7 and Java 7

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 05/08/2011 16:59, Jarnagin.Andrew wrote:

> It is working for me now. I think it had to do with remnants of multiple JDK versions on my machine including RC Java 7 releases. It caused many exceptions to show in the console on start-up and a 404 response for http:localhost:8080. I uninstalled and removed all Java from the host and installed Java 7 fresh. Thanks for the responses.

Probably not a such good idea to put Java 7 into production just yet, IMO.

RE: Tomcat 7 and Java 7

Posted by "Jarnagin.Andrew" <An...@SunTrust.com>.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.