Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Nan Zhu <zh...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/09 17:42:50 UTC

Palantir replease under org.apache.spark?

Hi, all

Out of curious, I just found a bunch of Palantir release under
org.apache.spark in maven central (
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.spark/spark-core_2.11)?

Is it on purpose?

Best,

Nan

Re: Palantir replease under org.apache.spark?

Posted by Nan Zhu <zh...@gmail.com>.
nvm

Posted by Prajwal Tuladhar <pr...@infynyxx.com>.
If you check
https://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Cg%3A%22org.apache.spark%22,
it's only listing "official" ones.

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 7:59 PM, Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>
wrote:

> On 9 Jan 2018, at 18:10, Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> Just to follow up -- those are actually in a Palantir repo, not Central.
> Deploying to Central would be uncourteous, but this approach is legitimate
> and how it has to work for vendors to release distros of Spark etc.
>

> ASF processes are set up to stop people pushing any org.apache. artifact
> out to mvncentral without going through the signing process; if someone
> does, then that's a major problem,
>
> On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 11:43 AM Nan Zhu <zh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi, all
>>
>> Out of curious, I just found a bunch of Palantir release under
>> org.apache.spark in maven central (https://mvnrepository.com/
>> artifact/org.apache.spark/spark-core_2.11)?
>>
>> Is it on purpose?
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Nan

Cheers,
Praj

Re: Palantir replease under org.apache.spark?

Posted by Andrew Ash <an...@andrewash.com>.
That source repo is at https://github.com/palantir/spark/ with artifacts
published to Palantir's bintray at
https://palantir.bintray.com/releases/org/apache/spark/  If you're seeing
any of them in Maven Central please flag, as that's a mistake!

Andrew

Posted by Andrew Ash <an...@andrewash.com>.

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.