Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Mike Wilson <mw...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/30 02:47:48 UTC

Running iBATIS app on JBoss

Greetings,

  I am trying to deploy an iBATIS app on JBoss 4.0.2 which has been running fine on Tomcat 4.1, but am getting this error:

  org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error during deploy; - nested throwable: (javax.naming.NamingException: resource-ref: jdbc/testapp1 has no valid JNDI binding. Check the jboss-web/resource-ref.)

  In the web.xml for the testapp we have:

  <resource-ref>
  <description>
  TestApp DataSource
  </description>
  <res-ref-name>
  jdbc/testapp1
  </res-ref-name>
  <res-type>
  javax.sql.DataSource
  </res-type>
  <res-auth>
  Container
  </res-auth>
  </resource-ref>
  So I tried adding (and replacing the existing jdbc/juddiDB) these lines to the jboss-web.xml, but I'm not sure about how to set the jndi because we don't directly set that for the testapp:
  <!DOCTYPE jboss-web PUBLIC
  "-//JBoss//DTD Web Application 2.3V2//EN"
  "http://www.jboss.org/j2ee/dtd/jboss-web_3_2.dtd">
  <jboss-web>
  <resource-ref>
  <res-ref-name>jdbc/juddiDB</res-ref-name>
  <jndi-name>java:/DefaultDS</jndi-name>
  </resource-ref><resource-ref>
  <res-ref-name>jdbc/testapp1</res-ref-name>
  <jndi-name>java:/DefaultDS</jndi-name>
  </resource-ref></jboss-web>

  If someone would please be kind enough to impart their wisdom upon this dilemma, I would be most greatly appreciative. This is an urgent issue.

  Thanks,
  MW

http://mail.yahoo.com