Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Stephen McConnell <mc...@osm.net> on 2001/12/31 03:06:22 UTC

Phoenix and the manifest file

Can anyone provide an update on the current status of the manifest file
concerning Phoenix applications/blocks.  I've notified that several new
blocks we have put in place are not including the manifest entry and
everything works fine.  Is this a temporary thing or something I can
depend on (i.e. can I depend on the non-dependency of the manifest to
declare an Avalon block?).

Cheers, Steve.

Re: Phoenix and the manifest file

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 31 Dec 2001 13:06, Stephen McConnell wrote:
> Can anyone provide an update on the current status of the manifest file
> concerning Phoenix applications/blocks.  I've notified that several new
> blocks we have put in place are not including the manifest entry and
> everything works fine.  Is this a temporary thing or something I can
> depend on (i.e. can I depend on the non-dependency of the manifest to
> declare an Avalon block?).

The manifest has not been required for ages now. Eventually the code will
recomend its use (basically give stern warnings if nor present). But this is
not going to be in place before the management console gets done which is
taking forever ;)

If you don't want to package your classes for reuse you can just directly add
them into "SAR-INF/classes" in your .sar and they will be picked up. That
should generally be easier.

--
Cheers,

Pete