Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/19 00:18:04 UTC

java 1.4 versus the maven-eclipse-plugin

The eclipse plugin forces the compiler source version to 1.4 for maven
plugins. I'm building a maven plugin that I want to require 1.5. Is
there a way to tell the eclipse plugin to stop harassing me?

Re: java 1.4 versus the maven-eclipse-plugin

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 8:59 AM, Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A parent pom which I thought was setting source/target for all modules
> was not. This was masked by the fact that some of the other modules
> have their own settings of source/target. So, what I thought was the
> eclipse plugin enforcing the old policy of maven plugins running under
> 1.4 was really just what you said it was.

Excellent.

mvn help:effective-pom

will display what maven is using for all the settings.
Unfortunately I dont think it tells you where it gets all these values
from, but after seeing the output not match what you expect then you
can chase the dragon's tail (like you did) to see where it is being
set incorrectly.

Glad its all sorted.

Re: java 1.4 versus the maven-eclipse-plugin

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.