Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Shing Hing Man <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2005/10/01 04:38:01 UTC

Accessing page property from component (Tapestry 4)

I am converting one of my Tapestry 3 application to
Tapestry 4 and run into
following problem.

In all my  page specification, I have a property for
the page title :

<property name="pageTitle"
initial-value="literal:Welcome" />

In the Java class of my border component, I try to
retrieve
the pageTitle property in finishLoad method :

     public void finishLoad(){

        BasePage page = (BasePage) getPage();

        String title =
page.getSpecification().getProperty("pageTitle");
        // do something with title
    }

But page.getSpecification().getProperty("pageTitle")
always return null.
This works in Tapestry 3.

It would be appreciated if someone could point out my
mistake.

Thanks !

Shing

Home page :