Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Gábor Szabó <sz...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/07 08:07:43 UTC

switch between changes

While working on a change ocassionally I need to implement some quick fix.
I can check-out the files again to another directory but as I my setup requires
other configurations as well (e.g. web server), it is quite a hassle.

Is it possible to somehow switch my workspace back to the last checked-out state
AND keep my current changes saves somewhere?
The first part is a revert but how can the second part be solved ?

After I implemented the quick fix I will want to restore the files I
changed to my
workspace and go on with my original change ?

Gabor

Re: switch between changes

Posted by David Faure <fa...@kde.org>.
On Thursday 07 July 2005 10:07, Gábor Szabó wrote:
> While working on a change ocassionally I need to implement some quick fix.
> I can check-out the files again to another directory but as I my setup requires
> other configurations as well (e.g. web server), it is quite a hassle.
>
> Is it possible to somehow switch my workspace back to the last checked-out state
> AND keep my current changes saves somewhere?
> The first part is a revert but how can the second part be solved ?

I usually simply do

svn di > TOREAPPLY
svn revert -R .

<do quick fix>
svn commit

patch < TOREAPPLY
rm TOREAPPLY

Re: switch between changes

Posted by Norbert Unterberg <nu...@gmail.com>.
2005/7/7, Gábor Szabó <sz...@gmail.com>:

> Is it possible to somehow switch my workspace back to the last checked-out state
> AND keep my current changes saves somewhere?
> The first part is a revert but how can the second part be solved ?

How about creating a patch, saving the patch file in a save place, and
then do the revert. After your quick fix, bring your working copy to a
known state (commit/update) and apply the patch.

However, I currently don't find the svn command to apply a patch
created with svn diff...

Norbert

Re: switch between changes

Posted by Lorenz <lo...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

>[...]
>Is it possible to somehow switch my workspace back to the last checked-out state
>AND keep my current changes saves somewhere?
>The first part is a revert but how can the second part be solved ?
>
>After I implemented the quick fix I will want to restore the files I
>changed to my
>workspace and go on with my original change ?

you could make a local copy of you workspace.
You then have two identical workspaces, one of which you can now
revert, use to implement the fix, commit and finaly delete.

now update the other workspace to include the fix.

HTH
     Lorenz