Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Rupp, Thomas" <Th...@softwareag.com> on 2003/08/19 07:45:38 UTC

Empty documents in server environment

Hello,

I want to generate PDF documents in a 'headless' server environment such as
a Servlet in Tomcat 4.1.12.
So I test the example examples/servlet/src/FopServlet.java. But I get only
empty pages. Good PDF
documents are generated online with the example
examples/embedding/java/embedding/ExampleXML2PDF.java

The JVM in both cases is 1.4.1-b21.
I compare the empty PDF with the good one. There are only differences in the
stream section.

Thank you very much for any hint
T. Rupp

Re: Empty documents in server environment

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Rupp, Thomas wrote:
> I want to generate PDF documents in a 'headless' server environment such as
> a Servlet in Tomcat 4.1.12.
> So I test the example examples/servlet/src/FopServlet.java. But I get only
> empty pages. Good PDF
> documents are generated online with the example
> examples/embedding/java/embedding/ExampleXML2PDF.java

I'm not sure what hyour problem really is.
Can you create the expected PDF from your source using the FOP
CLI
a) in one of the usual environments (desktop running Windows or
   whatever)
b) on the server machine?

Did you try the ExampleXML2PDF with exactly the same source and XSLT
in the same environment?

Did you generate the FO explicitely and inspect it? There may
be bugs elsewhere.

J.Pietschmann