Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Andy Jefferson <an...@jpox.org> on 2005/10/25 10:05:55 UTC

Query : setRange clarification

Hi,

in the latest spec 09/09 I see that we have the new setRange(String) method.
I see that the single-string syntax in chapter 14 for the range is
RANGE fromPosition,toPosition

but then in chapter 24 I see that we have
RANGE fromPosition TO toPosition

with a "TO" keyword. Which one is correct ? The one in Chapter 24 is what was
originally the accepted syntax and what JPOX implements currently.

Thanks.

--
Andy

Re: Query : setRange clarification

Posted by Michael Bouschen <mb...@spree.de>.
Hi Andy,

I recently ran into the same issue and sent out an email to the jdo
experts. I should have cc'ed the jdo-dev alias, sorry for that. Craig
replied that the TO keyword has been removed from Chapter 14 and its use
in the BNF (chapter 24) is an oversight. So the correct syntax is:
   RANGE fromPosition, toPosition

Regards Michael

> Hi,
>
> in the latest spec 09/09 I see that we have the new setRange(String) method.
> I see that the single-string syntax in chapter 14 for the range is
> RANGE fromPosition,toPosition
>
> but then in chapter 24 I see that we have
> RANGE fromPosition TO toPosition
>
> with a "TO" keyword. Which one is correct ? The one in Chapter 24 is what was
> originally the accepted syntax and what JPOX implements currently.
>
> Thanks.

Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33		Buelowstr. 66
Fax.:++49/30/2175 2012		D-10783 Berlin