Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jarrar Hussain <ja...@freenet-ag.de> on 2004/06/14 11:33:25 UTC

How to map urls in tomcat5??

Hi,

Mostly I have these type of urls:

http://www.abc.com/app/home.jsp/23323.html...

for these type of urls following configuration of web.xml (under project
dir .../app/WEB-INF/web.xml) works perfectly fine under tomcat4.0.3 and
I use WebAppConnection connector.

<web-app>
..
..
..
    <servlet-mapping>
      <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
      <url-pattern>/home.jsp/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
..
..
..
</web-app>

I have another computer everything same as above, just new version of
tomcate5.0 and instead of WebAppConnection connector I use mod_jk
connector. and than these type of urls:

http://www.abc.com/app/home.jsp/23323.html...

don't work. I get the following error:

HTTP Status 404 - /home.jsp/23323.html
_The requested resource (/home.jsp/23323.html) is not available._

Now I don't know where or how to define these type of urls.

thanks in advance,

Jarrar.