Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Justin Robinson <ju...@venturenet.co.za> on 2011/04/01 17:20:31 UTC

OrderServices, fulfillDigitalItems with regards to subscription content associations

If I associate content directly with the product I can get my
fulfillment service to run when an order is approved.
But following instructions regarding Subscriptions in OFBiz from the
article at http://www.amicontech.com/blog/subscriptions-in-ofbiz-and-opentaps/
If I associate the content that contains the service to run for
fulfillment with a subscription, via SubscriptionResource and
ProductSubscriptionResource entity associations, it never gets run
because the service method 'fulfillDigitalItems' in
/applications/order/src/org/ofbiz/order/order/OrderServices.java, only
looks for the content related to the product not to the product's
subscription.

I just started on this today so if anyone has had experience with this
& knows I might be missing something, even a little light would be
helpful.
Thanks.

Justin
Venture-Net Research & Development

Posted by Justin Robinson <ju...@venturenet.co.za>.
Well actually it looks like I was on the wrong track with this, the
article I cited was ambiguous or incorrect(or maybe I'm confused
-actually that's given). It looks like subscription entities keep
track of the time periods, but if auto-extended is set to Y a service
reorders and approves them at the end of the time period. Where the
subscription is an aspect of the product which does seem consistent
with ofbiz's overall design. The content & therefore fulfillment
service referenced needs to be defined in product content, not in the
Subscription Resource (which makes me wonder why it has a contentId
field), if this is the way it works, then no code needs to be added to
OrderServices.java & the little info available on the topic is all
incorrect. Even the demo data doesn't seem to have content attached
either to the product itself or the Subscription Resource, am
wondering if a working example just doesn't exist or if I'm
overlooking something...

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "Justin Robinson" <ju...@venturenet.co.za>