Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by HYLAND ben <be...@liv-coll.ac.uk> on 2002/11/01 12:42:46 UTC

[users@httpd] Asynchronous AcceptEx failed errors

Running Apache 2.0.34 on Win2K server, 1GB ram, 1x866mhz cpu, dedicated
100mb nic.

We're using Apache to proxy up to a few hundred concurrent connections from
Win32 clients, and we're having a lot of complaints about speed. We've got a
2mb leased line and bypassing the proxy gives perfectly fast browsing. The
error log contains large chunks of 'Asynchronous AcceptEx failed' errors,
like:

[Fri Nov 01 11:24:09 2002] [warn] (720064)The specified network name is no
longer available.  : winnt_accept: Asynchronous AcceptEx failed.

I know that the bug has been logged (#13661), but I can't find any
information on what the implications are - is this likely to be related to
what's causing the slowdown, or is mod_proxy just not the right tool for
this number of connections?

Regards,

Ben Hyland