Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org> on 2002/06/28 05:21:28 UTC

Re: HashMap/Hashtable, nil/null and timing.

[switching to soap-dev from axis-dev]

Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

> Since Apache SOAP was buggy on this until 2.3.1, I wonder whether
> we should add code to make Apache SOAP 2.3.1 "bug-compatible" with
> older versions of Apache SOAP?? It'll be a damn headache otherwise ..

I believe the only way to be "bug compatible" and produce valid SOAP
messages would be to revert the default back to a prior schema version
such as 1999.

- Sam Ruby

Re: HashMap/Hashtable, nil/null and timing.

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
> [switching to soap-dev from axis-dev]
>
> Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
> >
> > Since Apache SOAP was buggy on this until 2.3.1, I wonder whether
> > we should add code to make Apache SOAP 2.3.1 "bug-compatible" with
> > older versions of Apache SOAP?? It'll be a damn headache otherwise ..
>
> I believe the only way to be "bug compatible" and produce valid SOAP
> messages would be to revert the default back to a prior schema version
> such as 1999.
>
> - Sam Ruby

One simple thing to improve compatibility is to have 2.3.1+ accept the buggy
output from 2.3 and earlier.  I just made the change and was about to commit
it.

Scott Nichol

Re: HashMap/Hashtable, nil/null and timing.

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.