Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Evan Bottcher <ev...@kenisys.com> on 2003/05/23 11:31:09 UTC

JBoss and log4j logging

Hi all,

I'm new to jetspeed and am having trouble with running it under Jboss
(3.06).  It deploys and runs fine however I have some problems with logging.
When the jetspeed webapp is started it reconfigures the log4j loggers that
were set up by JBoss and diverts all logging to the
WEB-INF/log/jetspeed.log.

If I were only running jetspeed on this server then this would not be a
problem, however I run several different applications each using log4j
configured once in the JBoss configuration.

My ideal would be to have jetspeed NOT reconfigure the Jboss log4j
configuration, but to continue logging to it's own files under
/WEB-INF/log/jetspeed.log.  How do I configure Jetspeed to use a different
logger?

thanks for any help you can provide,
Evan.