Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jerarckill - ANS <je...@ans.be> on 2005/11/13 13:46:22 UTC

Archetype task bypasses settings.xml repository settings

Hello,

I have a problem using the Archetype command.

I have created an archetype for projects used in my company and all works
well.  My archetype works correctly and creates the projects as wished.

Problem is that, if I am using the archetype for the first time on a
computer (meaning that the archetype is located on my company's central
repository but not yet on computer's local one), the archetype plugin is
NOT searched on company's central repo; commands diectly goes to Maven.

In order to have the thing work, i must install the plugin on the local
repo myself.

Note that ALL other projects, created in-house from my archetype project,
do the job correctly, meaning that, before connecting to maven central,
they connect to my company's central repo.

This seems quite special to me since all connection configuration is done
in the settings.xml file...
...Having the following profile activated:

     <profile>
       <id>Repo-TheseosCentral</id>
       <activation>
         <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
       </activation>
       <repositories>
         <repository>
           <id>TheseosRepo</id>
           <name>theseos repository</name>
           <url>http://pc-20040025/Maven2</url>
         </repository>
       </repositories>
       <pluginRepositories>
         <pluginRepository>
           <id>Theseos Repository</id>
           <name>theseos repository</name>
           <url>http://pc-20040025/Maven2</url>
         </pluginRepository>
       </pluginRepositories>
     </profile>
   </profiles>

Again, note that all projects use this configuration correctly, meaning
that it is working just fine... except for maven archetype...

Thank you in advance,

JADOULLE Jérôme