Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Tomáš Drenčák <to...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/01 07:51:33 UTC

Portlet in tapestry

Hi all,
I'd like to try tapestry portlet support, but there's too little
documentation or tutorials written on this topic (which I've
found...). Is there somewhere study case application or tutorial on
this topic? Or can you tell me basic steps to have a functional Hello
world portlet application?

Thanks
         Tomas

Re: Portlet in tapestry

Posted by Tomáš Drenčák <to...@gmail.com>.
Not sure if I trully understand portlets, but isn't it that you have 1
portlet page, that has defined layout (which includes another e.g.
tapestry pages)? I've been looking at pluto's portal and there's file
pageregistry.xml and it seems that this is the layout file. There's
some fragment nodes looking like kind of components. And also there's
file portletentityregistry.xml which seems like defining included
applications. Is portlets about including for instance 3 applications
on one screen or including 3 different e.g. tapestry pages from 1
application?

tomas

direct ognl expressions in html without specifying in .page as property-spec - implications?

Posted by hari ks <ha...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
   In our project, some developers coded in such a way
that html pages access page instance variables
directly through ognl expressions without specifying
<property-specification> in .page file .

What are the implications?
It would cause cross pollination of user data. (One
user data coming to another)
Will it cause stale link because one user data is
coming to another in between form submissions?

Also just wanted to know if pooled pages get garbage
collected in tapestry?

Thanks in advance,
Hari

Re: Portlet in tapestry

Posted by Ryan Wynn <rw...@us.ibm.com>.
Tomas,

Re: Portlet in tapestry

Posted by Tomáš Drenčák <to...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ryan!

Re: Portlet in tapestry

Posted by Mark Wilcox <ma...@gmail.com>.
Andriy,
You might want to also try this in uPortal 2.5 (plus the latest
patches from uPortal's CVS). 2.5 portlet support was updated and what
you may have seen is bugs in 2.4.2.

Mark

Re: Portlet in tapestry

Posted by Andriy <An...@gmail.com>.

Re: Portlet in tapestry

Posted by Ryan Wynn <rw...@us.ibm.com>.
Andriy,

I'm using Websphere Portal.  You might want to try a plain old JSR-168
Hello World portlet without Tapestry.  This might be helpful in isolating
the problem.

Ryan

Andriy <An...@gmail.com>
Sent by: news <ne...@sea.gmane.org>
09/02/2005 06:03 AM
Please respond to
"Tapestry users"

tapestry-user@jakarta.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Portlet in tapestry

Ryan Wynn <rwynn <at> us.ibm.com> writes:

> Andriy,
>
> I was successful making links and forms work inside a portlet.  What
> portlet container are you using and what are the exceptions?
>
> Ryan
>
> Andriy <Andriy.Tsykholyas <at> gmail.com>
> Sent by: news <news <at> sea.gmane.org>
> 09/01/2005 10:53 AM
> Please respond to
> "Tapestry users"

> tapestry-user <at> jakarta.apache.org
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: Portlet in tapestry
>
> Hello Ryan!
>
> I also managed to make HelloWorld tutorial run as portlet. But its
> functionality
> not very useful.
> Did you tried to add some links or forms to your portlet?
> I've tried but I've failed :(
> Inserts work fine but links or forms throw exceptions...
>
> Andriy

jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: tapestry-user-help <at>
jakarta.apache.org

Ryan,

I've tried my portlet on Liferay portal and uPortal.

Liferay deployed portlet with no problem. Portal's admin portlet shows my
portlet as active. But when I'm trying to add it to any page - nothing
happens.
No errors, no exceptions, nothing. Page is not reloaded.

With uPortal sitiation is different. During deployment it shows such
output:
----------------------------
     [java] ApplicationServlet [INFO] Initialized application servlet
'app':
2,072 millis to create HiveMind Registry, 4,752 millis overall.
     [java] Sep 2, 2005 12:23:53 PM
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer install
     [java] INFO: Installing web application at context path /tapestry2
from URL file:/home/xats/programs/uPortal_rel-2-4-2-quick-start/
Tomcat_5-0-28/webapps/tapestry2
     [java] Sep 2, 2005 12:23:53 PM
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
listenerStart
     [java] SEVERE: Skipped installing application listeners due to
previous
error(s)
     [java] Sep 2, 2005 12:23:53 PM
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
     [java] SEVERE: Error listenerStart
     [java] Sep 2, 2005 12:23:53 PM
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
     [java] SEVERE: Context startup failed due to previous errors
--------------------------

It looks like there is some problem with listener.
When I'm opening appropriate page in browser, I'm gettin such exception:

------------------------------
org.apache.hivemind.ApplicationRuntimeException
only absolute URLs or full path URIs are allowed
component                $View_0@1cc3baa[View]
location                 context:/WEB-INF/View.page, line 6, column 34

1                <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
2                <!DOCTYPE page-specification PUBLIC
3                "-//Apache Software Foundation//Tapestry Specification
4.0//EN"
4                "http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/dtd/Tapestry_4_0.dtd
">
5
6                <page-specification class="View">
7                </page-specification>
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
only absolute URLs or full path URIs are allowed
org.apache.pluto.core.impl.PortletResponseImpl.encodeURL(
PortletResponseImpl.java:120)
org.apache.tapestry.portlet.PortletWebResponse.encodeURL(
PortletWebResponse.java:60)
$WebResponse_1061626115a.encodeURL($WebResponse_1061626115a.java)
$WebResponse_1061626105a.encodeURL($WebResponse_1061626105a.java)
org.apache.tapestry.engine.RequestCycle.encodeURL(RequestCycle.java:205)
org.apache.tapestry.portlet.PortletLink.getURL(PortletLink.java:68)
org.apache.tapestry.form.FormSupportImpl.render(FormSupportImpl.java:464)
org.apache.tapestry.form.Form.renderComponent(Form.java:250)
org.apache.tapestry.AbstractComponent.render(AbstractComponent.java:612)
org.apache.tapestry.BaseComponent.renderComponent(BaseComponent.java:92)
org.apache.tapestry.AbstractComponent.render(AbstractComponent.java:612)
org.apache.tapestry.AbstractPage.renderPage(AbstractPage.java:274)
org.apache.tapestry.engine.RequestCycle.renderPage(RequestCycle.java:368)
org.apache.tapestry.portlet.PortletRendererImpl.renderPage(
PortletRendererImpl.java:70)
$PortletRenderer_106162610d7.renderPage($PortletRenderer_106162610d7.java)
$PortletRenderer_106162610d6.renderPage($PortletRenderer_106162610d6.java)
org.apache.tapestry.portlet.PortletHomeService.service(
PortletHomeService.java:83)
$IEngineService_106162610c2.service($IEngineService_106162610c2.java)
org.apache.tapestry.services.impl.EngineServiceInnerProxy.service(
EngineServiceInnerProxy.java:74)
org.apache.tapestry.services.impl.EngineServiceOuterProxy.service(
EngineServiceOuterProxy.java:65)
org.apache.tapestry.engine.AbstractEngine.service(AbstractEngine.java:254)
org.apache.tapestry.services.impl.InvokeEngineTerminator.service(
InvokeEngineTerminator.java:60)
$WebRequestServicer_1061626108f.service($WebRequestServicer_1061626108f.java)
$WebRequestServicer_1061626108e.service($WebRequestServicer_1061626108e.java)
$WebRequestServicer_1061626108d.service($WebRequestServicer_1061626108d.java)
$WebRequestServicer_1061626108c.service($WebRequestServicer_1061626108c.java)
org.apache.tapestry.portlet.RenderRequestServicerToWebRequestServicerBridge
.service(RenderRequestServicerToWebRequestServicerBridge.java:49)
$RenderRequestServicer_10616261087.service(
$RenderRequestServicer_10616261087.java)
$RenderRequestServicer_10616261086.service(
$RenderRequestServicer_10616261086.java)
$RenderRequestServicer_10616261081.service(
$RenderRequestServicer_10616261081.java)
$RenderRequestServicer_10616261080.service(
$RenderRequestServicer_10616261080.java)
org.apache.tapestry.portlet.ApplicationPortlet.render(
ApplicationPortlet.java:161)
org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet.dispatch(PortletServlet.java:205)
org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet.doGet(PortletServlet.java:145)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet.service(PortletServlet.java:140)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(
ApplicationFilterChain.java:237)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(
ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(
ApplicationDispatcher.java:704)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(
ApplicationDispatcher.java:590)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(
ApplicationDispatcher.java:510)
org.apache.pluto.invoker.impl.PortletInvokerImpl.invoke(
PortletInvokerImpl.java:120)
org.apache.pluto.invoker.impl.PortletInvokerImpl.render(
PortletInvokerImpl.java:73)
org.apache.pluto.PortletContainerImpl.renderPortlet(
PortletContainerImpl.java:103)
org.jasig.portal.channels.portlet.CPortletAdapter.getMarkup(
CPortletAdapter.java:555)
org.jasig.portal.channels.portlet.CPortletAdapter.renderCharacters(
CPortletAdapter.java:482)
org.jasig.portal.MultithreadedCharacterChannelAdapter.renderCharacters(
MultithreadedCharacterChannelAdapter.java:71)
org.jasig.portal.ChannelRenderer$Worker.run(ChannelRenderer.java:483)
org.jasig.portal.utils.threading.Worker.run(Worker.java:88)

I assume problem is in links.

Next week I'll try with eXo platform.

Ryan, what portal are you using?

Many thanks.

Andriy

Re: Portlet in tapestry

Posted by Andriy <An...@gmail.com>.

Re: Portlet in tapestry

Re: Portlet in tapestry

Re: Portlet in tapestry

Posted by Edward Scanzano <es...@yahoo.com>.
We could also use one of these for AJAX as well.

Re: Portlet in tapestry