Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Stefan Görling <st...@pricerunner.com> on 2004/06/14 11:10:35 UTC

HttpServletRequest.getRequestURI() and URLDecoding

Hi,

The SUN Javadoc from HttpServletRequest.getRequestURI() says that it should:
"Returns the part of this request's URL from the protocol name up to the
query string in the first line of the HTTP request. The web container
does not decode this String. For example: "

(http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/2.3/javadoc/javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest.html)

However, when I get a request to a encode url for example /foo/dvd%2Br/,
getRequestURI() returns /foo/dvd+r, is this intentional? (so that I
should adapt my code to it), or a bug (so that I should wait for a bugfix)?

Best Regards,

Stefan Görling