Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Farrokh Shahriari <mo...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/08 06:05:03 UTC

Tune MapReduce over HBase to insert data

Hi there
I have a cluster with 12 nodes that each of them has 2 core of CPU. Now,I
want insert large data about 2Gb in 80 sec ( or 6Gb in 240sec ). I've used
Map-Reduce over hbase,but I can't achieve proper result .
I'd be glad if you tell me what I can do to get better result or which
parameters should I config or tune to improve Map-Reduce/Hbase performance ?

Tnx

Re: Tune MapReduce over HBase to insert data

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Please take a look at http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#jvm

Section 12.2.3, “JVM Garbage Collection
Logs”<http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#trouble.log.gc>should be read
as well.

There is more recent effort to reduce GC activity. Namely HBASE-7404 Bucket
Cache:A solution about CMS,Heap Fragment and Big Cache on HBASE
It is close to integration to trunk.

You can expect 0.94 backport down the road.

Cheers

Posted by Gerrit Jansen van Vuuren <ge...@gmail.com>.
Note: if you have a huge amount of data using bulk inserts is much faster
than using Puts.

Regards,
 Gerrit

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 7:04 AM, Farrokh Shahriari <

Posted by Farrokh Shahriari <mo...@gmail.com>.
Tnx Ted,

Posted by Farrokh Shahriari <mo...@gmail.com>.
Tnx Ted,

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Have you tuned the JVM parameter of hbase ?
If you have Ganglia, did you observe high variation in network latency on
the 6 nodes ?

HBase 0.92.2 has been released. Do you plan to upgrade to 0.92.2 or 0.94.3 ?

Cheers

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 9:38 PM, Farrokh Shahriari <

Posted by Farrokh Shahriari <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hi again,

Posted by Anoop John <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi
             Can you think of using HFileOutputFormat ?  Here you use
TableOutputFormat now. There will be put calls to HTable. Instead in
HFileOutput format the MR will write the HFiles directly.[No flushes ,
compactions] Later using LoadIncrementalHFiles need to load the HFiles to
the regions.  May help you..

-Anoop-

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 10:59 AM, Farrokh Shahriari <

Posted by Farrokh Shahriari <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Asaf Mesika <as...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bing Jiang <ji...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Farrokh Shahriari <mo...@gmail.com>.