Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Delany <de...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/11 10:06:47 UTC

dynamic dependency list

Hi,
I can ask Maven to build a partial set of projects, for example

mvn clean deploy -amd -pl :fortythree

I have another :zipper project to zip the artefacts of this last command
and deploy it separately. But the set of artefacts might change depending
on the command.
So my question is how can I produce a list of the artefacts I need to
bundle into my zip file, i.e. make a dynamic <dependencies> section?

I currently install :fortythree and its dependencies to a custom directory,
and then just zip what's in the directory. But the problem comes in when I
want to clean any previous attempt at doing this. I have the custom
directory removed by the clean-plugin. This is configured to run once on my
top-most project. But when I use the -pl switch, it isn't invoked. There is
still no way to run operations at the beginning and end of a reactor,
unless a plugin has a runOnce config, which the clean-plugin does not.

Thanks,

Re: dynamic dependency list

Posted by Delany <de...@gmail.com>.
How would the assembly plugin, or any plugin, configured in a project, know
what selection of projects I have chosen to build in the reactor?
Delany

Re: dynamic dependency list

Posted by Mantas Gridinas <mg...@gmail.com>.

Re: dynamic dependency list

Posted by Mantas Gridinas <mg...@gmail.com>.
Why not use deploy plugin for this instead?