Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Christophe JAILLET <ch...@wanadoo.fr> on 2018/12/09 08:52:07 UTC

Question about mod_header and 'echo'

Hi all,

I plan to add some tests to hearders.t in order to increase our
test-coverage of this module (some header xxx directives are not tested,
the regex functionalities neither).
Up to now, only 'add', 'set', 'unset' and 'append' are tested.

The attached patch.txt adds some code in order to easily add new test-cases:
    - defined the content of the .htaccess file
    - define the header that should be sent to the server
    - define some headers that are expected in the answer

With the 2 new test-cases added, I tried to test the 'echo' functionality.

However, the results are surprising to me and I wonder if it comes from
my limited perl knowledge, misunderstanding of mod_header and of the
'Header echo' directive or issue in the module itself.

If s.o. could give it a look, I would appreciate.

Basically, what I try to do is:
    - write several 'Header echo' directives in an .htaccess file
    - send a request with some known header fields
    - parse the answer for some expected header fields.

I run it with:
    t/TEST t/modules/headers --verbose

As annotated in the res.txt, the behavior looks strange to me.

Any opinion?

CJ