Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by fma-001 <fm...@xt-ag.com> on 2008/06/09 13:00:23 UTC

png renderer: incorrect formatting of font-weight

Hi all,

I have a strange problem generating png-images with FOP 0.94: When I use
font-weight="bold" in an fo:block or fo:inline-element, only the first tag
of each image (when there are more images, i.e. pages) will be bold! When I
render it as pdf it's as it should be. The text-decoration="underline" is
correctly transformed for each fo:block.

Can I fix this problem by using different XSL-Code (see Code-except below)?
Or can I fix the problem in any other way?

Thanks in advance!
Franz

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Franz,

I said FO file, not XML + XSLT. XSLT is extensible and customizations
sometimes make it hard to easily set up a stylesheet in a different
environment. Luckily that wasn't the case here. Please send an FO file
next time. Thanks!

Anyway, I've managed to reproduce the problem in Java 1.4.2, but not in
1.5 and 6. So this smells like a problem in the 1.4.2 class library. Can
you upgrade to a different JVM? If not, I guess you're up for a
difficult debugging session to determine what the problem could be. I'm
afraid I have no time to do this at the moment. Maybe you can also find
some additional information on the net. You're probably not the first
one to stumble over this. Of course, it could still be that FOP does
something problematic. But without knowing what exactly causes this it's
difficult to do something about it.

On 11.06.2008 17:31:02 fma-001 wrote:

> Jeremias,
>
> I enclosed the XSL, the input XML and the output.png; I tried it from
> console using Java 1.4.2 under Win XP. The destination system is a
> Java-Sytem on Linux, but i haven't tried it on that.
>
> Appriciate any clues to fix the problem,
> Franz
>

> Jeremias Maerki-2 wrote:
> >
> > Franz,
> >
> > I cannot reproduce your problem. I've tried with Sun JVMs 1.4.2, 1.5 and
> > 6 and there were no anomalies. Can you post a complete FO file that
> > shows your problem? And can you please state what JVM and operating
> > system you're using?
> >
> > Jeremias Maerki

> http://www.nabble.com/file/p17780624/FOP_Document_View_test.xsl
> FOP_Document_View_test.xsl
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p17780624/rssInfoModell_kicker.xml
> rssInfoModell_kicker.xml
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p17780624/rssInfoModell_kicker.png
> rssInfoModell_kicker.png

Jeremias Maerki

Re: png renderer: incorrect formatting of font-weight

Posted by fma-001 <fm...@xt-ag.com>.
Jeremias,

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Franz,

On 09.06.2008 13:00:23 fma-001 wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a strange problem generating png-images with FOP 0.94: When I use
> font-weight="bold" in an fo:block or fo:inline-element, only the first tag
> of each image (when there are more images, i.e. pages) will be bold! When I
> render it as pdf it's as it should be. The text-decoration="underline" is
> correctly transformed for each fo:block.
>
> Can I fix this problem by using different XSL-Code (see Code-except below)?
> Or can I fix the problem in any other way?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Franz

Jeremias Maerki