Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Martin 'pisi' Paljak <pi...@pisitek.com> on 2002/02/27 18:26:33 UTC

Drop requests

How can one 'drop' requests dor a certain URL?

Would be nice if I could do it somehow, to block nimda queries and some
other urls I don't want to handle or generate any output etc.. something
that would 1) not reflect the request on logs 2) send no output back to
the requesting client.

Ideas?

--
Martin 'pisi' Paljak / pisi@pisitek.com

Re: Drop requests

Posted by RuneImp <ru...@imptech.net>.
Sounds like you don't want the domain/URL available on the
Internet at all. Is that true? Are you trying to disable
a domain or a directory?

-=- RuneImp
ImpTech - Web Design, Hosting & Computer Tech
http://imptech.net
rune@imptech.net

Re: Drop requests

Posted by Martin Haase-Thomas <mh...@meome-ag.de>.
RewriteEngine On
RewriteLog /path/to/logfile
RewriteLogLevel [0-9]
RewriteCond %HTTP_USER_AGENT} (nimda|wget|htget|java|libwww|...) [NC]
RewriteRule (.*) http://www.disneyland.com$1 [R=permanent,L]
OR (and more serious):
RewriteRule (.*) - [F]

or read
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_rewrite.html

regards
Martin

--
                   http://www.meome.de
Martin Haase-Thomas         |       Tel.: 030 43730-558