Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Alexander Mueller <Xe...@web.de> on 2005/07/21 13:19:19 UTC

MSVC6 IDE complaining about some projects (gen_uri_delims.dsp, ...)

I am trying to build on Windows XP with MSVC6 SP6. Have configured the
sources with gen-make.py -t dsp. When loading the DSW the MSVC IDE keeps
telling me for several projects: this projects wasnt created with
Developer Studio.

Projects with problems:
- gen_uri_delims.dsp
- libapr.dsp
- xml.dsp

Didnt get this error with svn 1.1.4. Anybody an idea?

Xela

Re: MSVC6 IDE complaining about some projects (gen_uri_delims.dsp, ...)

Posted by Andreas Magnusson <an...@home.se>.
Alexander Mueller wrote:
> I am trying to build on Windows XP with MSVC6 SP6. Have configured the
> sources with gen-make.py -t dsp. When loading the DSW the MSVC IDE keeps
> telling me for several projects: this projects wasnt created with
> Developer Studio.
>
> Projects with problems:
> - gen_uri_delims.dsp
> - libapr.dsp
> - xml.dsp
>
> Didnt get this error with svn 1.1.4. Anybody an idea?
>
> Xela

Sounds like the .dsp files have LF instead if CRLF in them. Those are
the only files VC6 *has* to have in CRLF.
I imaging you are building from the zip-file? All those comes from the
apr-util folder, and I don't know who it is that creates those files.
But it does seem like someone forgot a svn:eol-style=CRLF on those.
For now, open them in an editor that can change line-endings and re-save
them as CRLF instead of LF.

/Andreas