Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org> on 2008/12/24 15:52:40 UTC

M4 status?

Hey guys,

what's happening with M4? Are we going to roll another RC after the
break? Is there going to be a branch or should we still avoid checking
in big changes to trunk? Is there a list of stuff that needs doing?
Jira still seems... inaccurate... for M4.

- Aidan

http://qpid.apache.org

Re: M4 status?

Posted by Arnaud Simon <as...@redhat.com>.
On 12/24/2008 04:07 PM, Robert Greig wrote:
> 2008/12/24 Aidan Skinner<ai...@apache.org>:
>

>> what's happening with M4? Are we going to roll another RC after the
>> break? Is there going to be a branch or should we still avoid checking
>> in big changes to trunk? Is there a list of stuff that needs doing?
>> Jira still seems... inaccurate... for M4.
>>

> .NET 0-10 appears broken. I have got it building now, but there are
> problems running the (very simple) examples for WCF. I am not sure at
> the moment of the extent of the issues.
>
> I certainly wouldn't be happy releasing it at the moment - I intend
> looking into the issues over the festive period. I haven't committed
> the build system and basic code fixes that I've done so far but I am
> happy to do so if someone else wants to take a look. There is an
> existing Jira for the build system but the issues on trunk go beyond
> the build system itself so I've just raised another Jira: QPID-1552.
> It's not very descriptive at the moment since I can't quite categorise
> the problems (!)
>
> RG

Hi Rob,

Could you check in your changes please ? You can also assign me the JIRA
for review I'll then review the changes and close the JIRA if it is fixed.
Let me know if you prefer doing the other way i.e. I commit and you review
Thanks

Arnaud

Re: M4 status?

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: M4 status?

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 4:10 PM, Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I will monitor the commits during the break and it would be worthwhile to
> send out a reminder asking folks to be careful about checking in code that
> could destabilize the release.

Ok.

> If we are unable to release during the week of 5th Jan 2009, lets cut a
> branch.
> All the outstanding items for the release are covered by JIRAs.

Which Jiras? There are currently 24 targeted for M4:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=12310520&fixfor=12313279&resolution=-1&sorter/field=priority&sorter/order=DESC

- Aidan
http://qpid.apache.org

Re: M4 status?

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Aidan,

Lets plan to cut an RC soon after the break.
I believe during the break, Rob Greig is planning to get his changes in.
However I dobut that there would be any big changes committed into trunk
during the break.
I will monitor the commits during the break and it would be worthwhile to
send out a reminder asking folks to be careful about checking in code that
could destabilize the release.

If we are unable to release during the week of 5th Jan 2009, lets cut a
branch.
All the outstanding items for the release are covered by JIRAs.

Regards,

Rajith

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> what's happening with M4? Are we going to roll another RC after the
> break? Is there going to be a branch or should we still avoid checking
> in big changes to trunk? Is there a list of stuff that needs doing?
> Jira still seems... inaccurate... for M4.
>
> - Aidan
>
> --
> Apache Qpid - World Domination through Advanced Message Queueing
> http://qpid.apache.org

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat
http://rajith.2rlabs.com/