Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by "McComsey, Doug" <Do...@ca.com> on 2005/08/01 23:50:12 UTC

ValueFactoryTest.testValueFormatException issues incorrect message

Minor point on the TCK test class ValueFactoryTest, method testValueFormatException.

Many of the tests issue this message:

      fail("Conversion from String " + nameValueFail
           + " to a Date value should throw ValueFormatException.");

Unfortunately the same message is issued for Date, Double, Long, Name, and Path. It looks like the old cloned message problem (Thank God I’ve never done that ☺.)

I suggest the message be changed to indicate the correct type or, better still, use PropertyType.nameFromValue to derive it from types[i].

Regards,
Doug

Doug McComsey
Computer Associates
doug.mccomsey@ca.com

Re: ValueFactoryTest.testValueFormatException issues incorrect message

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.
On 8/1/05, McComsey, Doug <Do...@ca.com> wrote:
> Minor point on the TCK test class ValueFactoryTest, method testValueFormatException.
>
> Many of the tests issue this message:
>
>       fail("Conversion from String " + nameValueFail
>            + " to a Date value should throw ValueFormatException.");
>
> Unfortunately the same message is issued for Date, Double, Long, Name, and Path. It looks like the old cloned message problem (Thank God I've never done that ☺.)
>
> I suggest the message be changed to indicate the correct type or, better still, use PropertyType.nameFromValue to derive it from types[i].

fixed as suggested (r226972), thanks!

cheers
stefan