Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by CE...@idbs.com on 2007/03/22 16:36:02 UTC

Batick SVG Document creating problem...

Hi,

I have the XML string representation of an SVG file. I need to create an
SVGDocument of this. From looking at the API, this only seems possible by
using a URI with the  SAXSVGDocumentFactory class, what is the best way to
do it with just the SVG String I have?

Many thanks,

Chris

Re: Batick SVG Document creating problem...

Posted by Tonny Kohar <to...@kiyut.com>.
Hi,

On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 15:36 +0000, CEdwards@idbs.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the XML string representation of an SVG file. I need to create an
> SVGDocument of this. From looking at the API, this only seems possible by
> using a URI with the  SAXSVGDocumentFactory class, what is the best way to
> do it with just the SVG String I have?

You could wrap you string into InputStream, so SAXSVGDocumentFactory
could load it. The batik SAXDocumentFactory accept InputStream eg:

StringReader reader = new StringReader(yourString);
SAXSVGDocumentFactory f = new SAXSVGDocumentFactory(parser);
doc = f.createSVGDocument(reader);

Regards
Tonny Kohar
--
Sketsa
SVG Graphics Editor

RE: Batick SVG Document creating problem...

Posted by "Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Mi...@je.jfcom.mil>.
Hi,

Maybe you can use the
org.apache.batik.transcoder.TranscoderInput/TranscoderOutput classes?

Get an InputStream to your String (TranscoderInput) and a Document for
TranscoderOuput?  I haven't tried it before, but it seems like the way
to go.

Michael Bishop