Posted to builds@apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@mac.com> on 2012/05/21 01:02:44 UTC

disk space on windows box

Hi,

The windows1 build machine just run out of disk space due to a new new job I added. I've deleted the job so hopefully that's freed up the disk space and it's not caused too many issues.

The Flex SDK is on the large size (2Gb all up) and I had created a second job in order to run some check in tests. Eventually we would need several jobs.

How do I view the amount of available free disk space on the windows build machines? What's the process of getting extra disk space available on the windows build machine? Do I need to put into a request to infra?

Thanks,
Justin

window1 slave machine out of disk space.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@mac.com>.
Hi,

Can anyone help out or take a look at this? Or should I just look at the jobs taking up the most disk space and see if I can remove an old build or two?

https://builds.apache.org/plugin/disk-usage/

Worse "offender" seems to be HBase taking up 150Gb or so over several jobs. It's two biggest jobs are keeping builds for 21 days but has no limit on the maximum number of builds. Looks like this is were the extra 100Gb or so in the last few weeks have gone. There are also several Lucerne jobs keeping 14 builds each of 3GB each. Does it actually need to keep 14 builds?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: disk space on windows box

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I'm looking into adding more space (need to add a disk etc.)
Much appreciated.

> Also, there are numerous different java versions taking up ~3GB of space.
Sorry can't help there. We just need the standard 1.6 for the Flex SDK and 1.7 at some future point.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: disk space on windows box

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 4:39 AM, Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au> wrote:
> Also, there are numerous different java versions taking up ~3GB of space:
>
> harmony-5.0-jdk-32, ibm-java2-sdk-50-win-i386, ibm-java2-sdk-50-win-x86_64,
> ibm-java-sdk-60-win-i386, ibm-java-sdk-60-win-x86_64,
> ibm-sdk-j9wa64-142p-win64-amd64, ibm-sdk-n142p-win32-x86, jdk1.5.0_22-32,
> jdk1.5.0_22-64, jdk1.6.0_27-32, jdk1.6.0_27-64, jdk1.7.0, jdk6_17-32,
> jdk6_17-64
>
> Am I to assume these are all still required or can we drop any? (And in
> reverse, are any new ones needed?)

harmony can most likely be removed.

/niklas

RE: disk space on windows box

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

I have added the below info to the Jira issue, but for those not following
there:
(there being https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4828)

I'm looking into adding more space (need to add a disk etc.)

To start with though I have reclaimed 19GB by cleaning up workspace and
Maven-repository directories/files, any affected projects may see an initial
Build take longer whilst it re-creates/downloads.

Also, there are numerous different java versions taking up ~3GB of space:

harmony-5.0-jdk-32, ibm-java2-sdk-50-win-i386, ibm-java2-sdk-50-win-x86_64,
ibm-java-sdk-60-win-i386, ibm-java-sdk-60-win-x86_64,
ibm-sdk-j9wa64-142p-win64-amd64, ibm-sdk-n142p-win32-x86, jdk1.5.0_22-32,
jdk1.5.0_22-64, jdk1.6.0_27-32, jdk1.6.0_27-64, jdk1.7.0, jdk6_17-32,
jdk6_17-64

Am I to assume these are all still required or can we drop any? (And in
reverse, are any new ones needed?)

Gav...

Re: disk space on windows box

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I've clean out the Flex builds for now. But, we're limited by the
> current disk size on the Windows node
Looks likes the windows build box has run out of disk space again but due to other jobs.

Re: disk space on windows box

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 1:02 AM, Justin Mclean <ju...@mac.com> wrote:
> The Flex SDK is on the large size (2Gb all up) and I had created a second job in order to run some check in tests. Eventually we would need several jobs.
>
> How do I view the amount of available free disk space on the windows build machines? What's the process of getting extra disk space available on the windows build machine? Do I need to put into a request to infra?

I've clean out the Flex builds for now. But, we're limited by the
current disk size on the Windows node, so please add a JIRA issue