Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Anton Kovalenko <ak...@marknet.ru> on 2005/05/07 14:36:51 UTC

Internationalization -- new CMSUI languabe

Hi all!
I've decided to to translate user interface into Russian.
So, I've found a simple howto in the deeps of wiki.
Now I have $LENYA_HOME/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/resources/i18n/cmsui_ru.xml
file, which contains all UI messages in Russian.

I start Lenya, everythings looks to be okay, it works, but UI is in
English (I'm not suprised, no), and I can't figure out
how to switch UI language to Russian?

Where should I tell lenya to use
$LENYA_HOME/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/resources/i18n/cmsui_ru.xml
this file?

Thanks in advance.
--
Anton Kovalenko

Re: Internationalization -- new CMSUI languabe

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
qMax wrote:

> But you missed workflow states:
>   <message key="live">опубликовано</message>
>   <message key="authoring">разработка</message>
>
> And "AC Live" with "AC Auth" stands for access control to live and
> authoring areas, so it's better to translate something like:
>   <message key="AC Live">AC&#160;Просмотра</message>
>   <message key="AC Auth">AC&#160;Разработки</message>

thanks, commited

Re: Internationalization -- new CMSUI languabe

Posted by qMax <qm...@mediasoft.ru>.
Saturday, May 7, 2005, 7:36:51 PM, Anton Kovalenko wrote:

AK> Hi all!
AK> I've decided to to translate user interface into Russian.
AK> So, I've found a simple howto in the deeps of wiki.
AK> Now I have
AK> $LENYA_HOME/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/resources/i18n/cmsui_ru.xml
AK> file, which contains all UI messages in Russian.
Thanks, man.

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
solprovider@gmail.com wrote:
>>>BTW, not all messages reside in cmsui.xml. E.g. when I add a user,
>>>system reports, that password must be at least 6 characters long. In
>>>english though most of the UI is in Russian -).
>>
>>if you find untranslated text then that is a bug (please report them)
>

> To fix the untranslated error messages for the Admin User Profile screen:

thanks, applied

Re: Internationalization -- new CMSUI languabe

Posted by so...@gmail.com.
> > BTW, not all messages reside in cmsui.xml. E.g. when I add a user,
> > system reports, that password must be at least 6 characters long. In
> > english though most of the UI is in Russian -).
> if you find untranslated text then that is a bug (please report them)

To fix the untranslated error messages for the Admin User Profile screen:

FILE: \build\lenya\webapp\lenya\xslt\admin\users\profile.xsl
Change (near the bottom):
  <xsl:template match="message">
    <xsl:if test="preceding-sibling::message"><br/></xsl:if>
  </xsl:template>
  <xsl:template match="message">
    <xsl:if test="preceding-sibling::message"><br/></xsl:if>
select="."/></i18n:text></span>
  </xsl:template>

The messages need to be added to all the language files.  The English
version is:

<message key="This user already exists.">This user already exists.</message>
<message key="This is not a valid user ID.">This is not a valid user
ID.</message>
<message key="Please enter an e-mail address.">Please enter an e-mail
address.</message>
<message key="This LDAP user ID does not exist.">This LDAP user ID
does not exist.</message>
<message key="Password and confirmed password are not equal.">Password
and confirmed password are not equal.</message>
<message key="The password must be at least six characters long.">The
password must be at least six characters long.</message>
<message key="The password must contain at least one number.">The
password must contain at least one number.</message>

---
None of the XSL in xslt/admin forces them through i18n.  Here are the
other pages requiring fixes:

For Groups:
FILE: \build\lenya\webapp\lenya\xslt\admin\groups\profile.xsl
Messages:
"This group already exists."
"This is not a valid group ID."

ChangePassword has the message:
"You cannot change the password of this user."

Login has this message, which will be more complicated to fix since
the message includes the username:
"Either authentication failed (username = " + identity.getUsername() +
") or new password and confirmed new password do not match or new
password length is not between 5 and 8 characters"
The easy answer is to remove the username, and fix like the others.
Otherwise i18n needs to be added to error message at creation, but a
Cocoon bug insists on changing the angle brackets to special HTML
characters.  Anyone able to fix the Cocoon bug?  It requires deleting
a few lines of code.

solprovider

Re: Internationalization -- new CMSUI languabe

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Коваленко Антон wrote:
> This letter contains a UI file translation with some typos fixed.
> BTW, not all messages reside in cmsui.xml. E.g. when I add a user,
> system reports, that password must be at least 6 characters long. In
> english though most of the UI is in Russian -).

i commited both updates, thanks. if you find untranslated text then that
is a bug (please report them)

Re: Internationalization -- new CMSUI languabe

Posted by Коваленко Антон <ak...@marknet.ru>.

Gregor J. Rothfuss writes:

> thank you very much, i commited your translation.
>
> you may also want to translate the default publication as described in
> http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/I18NHowToContribute

С уважением, Антон Коваленко

Re: Internationalization -- new CMSUI languabe

Posted by Коваленко Антон <ak...@marknet.ru>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss writes:

> thank you very much, i commited your translation.
>
> you may also want to translate the default publication as described in
> http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/I18NHowToContribute

Well, hope i'd manage to complete it tomorrow.

 --
WBR, A. Kovalenko

Re: Internationalization -- new CMSUI languabe

Posted by Коваленко Антон <ak...@marknet.ru>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss writes:

> you may also want to translate the default publication as described in
> http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/I18NHowToContribute

New day came.
I've attached publication translation to a bug in bugzilla which i created
yesterday.

I suppose that this is the file -)

Re: Internationalization -- new CMSUI languabe

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
qMax wrote:

> <message key="Edit Navigation Title">Редактировать&#160;навигационный&#160;заголовок</message>

applied, thanks

Re: Internationalization -- new CMSUI languabe

Posted by Антон Коваленко <ak...@marknet.ru>.
qMax wrote:

> ak> <message key="Edit Navigation Title">Редактировать&#160;нафигационный&#160;заголовок</message>
> Unless it is an intantional joke, i'd better replaced it with:
>
> <message key="Edit Navigation Title">Редактировать&#160;навигационный&#160;заголовок</message>

Sorry, that was just a typo, not a joke.

(offtopic) Re[2]: Internationalization -- new CMSUI languabe

Posted by qMax <qm...@mediasoft.ru>.
Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 9:51:10 PM, Mark Lundquist wrote:
>> <message key="Edit Navigation
>> Title">Редактировать&#160;нафигационный&#160;заголовок</message>
>> Unless it is an intantional joke, i'd better replaced it with:
>> <message key="Edit Navigation
>> Title">Редактировать&#160;навигационный&#160;заголовок</message>
ML> Please explain the joke?!

That's somewhat untranslatable.
Something like "nothingation" instead of "navigation". :)

--
 qMax

Re: Internationalization -- new CMSUI languabe

Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@comcast.net>.
On May 24, 2005, at 7:45 AM, qMax wrote:

> ak> <message key="Edit Navigation
> Title">Редактировать&#160;нафигационный&#160;заголовок</message>
> Unless it is an intantional joke, i'd better replaced it with:
>
> <message key="Edit Navigation
> Title">Редактировать&#160;навигационный&#160;заголовок</message>

Please explain the joke?!

:-) :-)
—ml—

Re: Internationalization -- new CMSUI languabe

Posted by qMax <qm...@mediasoft.ru>.
Saturday, May 7, 2005, 7:36:51 PM, Anton Kovalenko wrote:
AK> Now I have
AK> $LENYA_HOME/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/resources/i18n/cmsui_ru.xml
AK> file, which contains all UI messages in Russian.

ak> <message key="Edit Navigation Title">Редактировать&#160;нафигационный&#160;заголовок</message>
Unless it is an intantional joke, i'd better replaced it with:

<message key="Edit Navigation Title">Редактировать&#160;навигационный&#160;заголовок</message>

Although not in my site :))

--
 qMax

Re: Internationalization -- new CMSUI languabe

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
solprovider@gmail.com wrote:

> Thank you.  I would appreciate if you could post this file or email it to me.

yes, please create a bugzilla entry and attach it, and i will be happy
to commit it

On 5/7/05, Anton Kovalenko <ak...@marknet.ru> wrote:
> I've decided to to translate user interface into Russian.
> So, I've found a simple howto in the deeps of wiki.
> Now I have $LENYA_HOME/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/resources/i18n/cmsui_ru.xml
> file, which contains all UI messages in Russian.
>
> I start Lenya, everythings looks to be okay, it works, but UI is in
> English (I'm not suprised, no), and I can't figure out
> how to switch UI language to Russian?
>
> Where should I tell lenya to use
> $LENYA_HOME/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/resources/i18n/cmsui_ru.xml
> this file?

Thank you.  I would appreciate if you could post this file or email it to me.

There are two methods to change the language.  Lenya defaults to using
the language setting of your browser.  So:
1. Change your browser's language setting to "ru".
Mozilla: Edit-Preferences-Navigator-Languages)
MSInternetExplorer: Tools-Internet Options-General-Languages)
Add "ru" and make it the top option.

2. Change Lenya to use the chosen language, specified in the URLs
(documentid_ru.html):
Change every sitemap from:
        <map:parameter name="locale" value="{request:locale}"/>
        <map:parameter name="locale" value="{page-envelope:document-language}"/>
[Do a search-and-replace on {request:locale}.]

For the GUI, the important file is:
build\lenya\webapp\admin.xmap

See this post for more information:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.cms.lenya.user/6171