Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Deepak Suldhal <dt...@yahoo.com> on 2005/03/30 06:46:57 UTC

Global vs Context

Does it make any difference if we have the tapestry jar files under context vs Global search path ?

Currently we are not able to host with tapestry jar files in individual context library.

global library search path (TOMCAT/common/lib) and the classloader at the context level in webapps/mycontext/WEB-INF/lib (for JAR files) and webapps/mycontext/WEB-INF/classes. We refer to both classloader levels as the global classpath and the context classpath.

if we deploy the application as war file do we still need the Tapestry jar files under these libraries ?.

Thanks
Deepak

 Make Yahoo! your home page

Re: Global vs Context

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
The dependencies can go anywhere (as a group). WEB-INF/lib is great if
there's just one application in your server.  If you have multiple
apps, any shared part of the classpath is better (to eliminate
unwanted class duplication).

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry