Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au> on 2004/08/04 09:15:46 UTC

tomcat.exe and tomcatw.exe

Hi,

I was just wondering how tomcat.exe and tomcatw.exe get built.  I grepped a
number of the tomcat modules but could find a reference to files of these
names.

Regards,

Glen

Re: tomcat.exe and tomcatw.exe

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Glen Stampoultzis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering how tomcat.exe and tomcatw.exe get built.  I grepped a
> number of the tomcat modules but could find a reference to files of these
> names.

I think it comes from jakarta-commons/daemon/src/native/nt/procrun.

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

Glen Stampoultzis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering how tomcat.exe and tomcatw.exe get
> built.  I grepped a number of the tomcat modules but could
> find a reference to files of these names.

There is no official procrun (that's the tomcat and tomcatw) source
distribution.
You can grab the sources from cvs.jakarta.org.
They are inside jakarta-commons/daemon/src/native/nt/procrun.

You will find the .vcproj's for prunmgr and prunsrv inside apps dir.
Build and rename the prunmgr.exe to tomcatw.exe and prunsrv.exe to
tomcatw.exe.

Regards,
MT.