Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by DW <xf...@hotmail.com> on 2011/06/19 23:00:20 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Syntax to replace Diffie-Hellman with RSA encryption

Before you make any changes to the configuration file, you must stop the
apache service otherwise you won't be able to save your changes.

Then when the changes are made and the file is saved, you need to start
the apache service for all changes to take effect.

Hope this helps.

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Syntax to replace Diffie-Hellman with RSA encryption

Posted by Rainer Frey <ra...@inxmail.de>.
On 19.06.2011, at 23:00, DW wrote:

> sunhux G wrote:
>> After making changes to httpd.conf, can I just issue
>>
>> 1) "kill -HUP httpd_instance_pid"  for the change to take effect or
>> 2) "service httpd reload"  or
>> 3) "service httpd restart"
>>
>> Select one or more of the above correct options
>
> Before you make any changes to the configuration file, you must stop the
> apache service otherwise you won't be able to save your changes.

Wrong. The OP is obviously on some unix-like platform (Linux most likely), and there is no locking on the config file. Edit, and then a graceful restart should be sufficient AFAIK. Most distribution do that with the "reload" argument of the init script.

Rainer