Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Desmond Tan <my...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/03 05:31:33 UTC

API and Secret key

Hi all,

when i setup cloudstack, the API key and secret key are empty for the admin
user.
How can i add this ?

I'm trying to integrate  cloudstack with cloudportal and encounter that the
cloudportal unable to display cloudstack's resources, zone, pods etc.

please help.

regards,
Desmond

--
. If today were the last day of my life, would i want to do what i am about
to do today ?

. Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish.

Re: API and Secret key

Posted by Dave Dunaway <da...@gmail.com>.
In Cloudstack, go to Accounts->Admin->Show users->Admin and then click
on the little key icon.
That will generate the keys. Should not take more than a few seconds.

The admin keys get copied to the cloud_accounts table in the
cloud_portal DB, so you may
have to manually add them in there.

Also, make sure that the API port 8096 is enabled in global settings
(search for API and you'll find it).
You will need to restart the cloud-management instance after the
change is made. I'm pretty sure you
need to do this as well in order to get the little display in
Cloudportal working.

RE: API and Secret key

Posted by Giles Sirett <gi...@shapeblue.com>.
No, cloudportal Business Manager (to give it its full name) is a propriety Citrix product and is  very much not open source :-)

Happy to provide  further help if required, contact me offline

Kind Regards
Giles

Kind Regards
Giles

Giles Sirett
Managing Consultant
ShapeBlue

giles.sirett@shapeblue.com | www.shapeblue.com | Twitter:@shapeBlue

Posted by Desmond Tan <my...@gmail.com>.
@Nguyen: Cloud portal is not.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: API and Secret key

Posted by Mathias Mullins <ma...@citrix.com>.
@Nquyen

If you want to try out CloudPortal it's on Citrix website, but it's not
available as open source.

http://deliver.citrix.com/cloudportal.html

Matt

Re: API and Secret key