Posted to user@struts.apache.org by abhishek jain <ab...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/01 11:09:27 UTC

Tiles problem : Error executing tag: Attribute 'title' not found.

hi friends,
I am using struts 2.x and tiles framework. with hibernate 3.x and
development environment was Myeclipse.

I have the following in tiles.xml

<definition name="store.page" template="/layoutstore.jsp">
        <put-attribute name="body" value="/bodystore.jsp" />
        <put-attribute name="title" value="Title" type="string" />
        <put-attribute name="metakeyword" value="Keyword" type="string"/>
    </definition>

I have the following (relevant) in layoutstore.jsp
<tiles:insertTemplate template="seo.jsp"/>

and hte following in seo.jsp
<tiles:getAsString name="title" />

yet i get the following error:

 Error executing tag: Attribute 'title' not found.

Cannt understand why , pl. help.
Thanks a lot .

--
Thanks and kind Regards,
Abhishek jain

Re: Tiles problem : Error executing tag: Attribute 'title' not found.

Posted by arin_12 <ar...@lycos.com>.
I am working on this tiles now... I can post some sample... But it will be
late :)

Re: Tiles problem : Error executing tag: Attribute 'title' not found.

Posted by abhishek jain <ab...@gmail.com>.
hi
yes, the first three lines of my file seo.jsp reads
<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
    pageEncoding="ISO-8859-1"%>
<%@ taglib prefix="s" uri="/struts-tags"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://tiles.apache.org/tags-tiles" prefix="tiles" %>

though my IDE myeclipse shows a cross sign in front of last two lines, but
it shows in other files also, so i gues this is fine,

Pl. advice on what should i check
thanks
abhi

Posted by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by abhishek jain <ab...@gmail.com>.
hi,

Posted by abhishek jain <ab...@gmail.com>.
hi,

--
Thanks and kind Regards,
Abhishek jain

Re: Tiles problem : Error executing tag: Attribute 'title' not found.

Posted by Mohamed SIDI <mh...@gmail.com>.
you can see here,

--

Cordialement

Mohamed

Re: Tiles problem : Error executing tag: Attribute 'title' not found.

Posted by abhishek jain <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Mohamed SIDI <mh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--

Cordialement

Mohamed

Re: Tiles problem : Error executing tag: Attribute 'title' not found.

Posted by abhishek jain <ab...@gmail.com>.
hi,

Posted by jl...@gmail.com.