Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Fernando Hernandez <fe...@bit-bang.com> on 2002/11/19 18:06:40 UTC

ActionForm validation and select repopulation

Hi all,

I really tried to look for this in the archives, but the speed was too slow
and I have been there for an hour without a proper answer.

Here is my situation: I have a form which contains a select input(among
other inputs) in a .jsp. When my corresponding ActionForm validates what was
introduced by the user and finds that one of the fields was not properly
filled, the ActionServlets forwards to the .jsp of origin.
The problem I'm having, is that i can not find the way to populate back the
options of the select that is in the form, I only have the selected option,
but not the rest.

Also, I can not use the <html:options > tag because I'm not starting from
scratch but converting a previous application into Model 2.

Thanks.

Fernando.