Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by "Cameron, Wendy" <We...@qr.com.au> on 2000/01/25 00:24:43 UTC

Serial Parsing

I have been using the xerces interface to the SAX2 Parser
and set the validation feature to true.  (Which all
came packaged up in XML4J 3.0)

However it doesnt seem to completely serially
parse as I get after a quite a while the following
error.

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
  at org.apache.xerces.utils.StringPool.ensureCapacity(Compiled Code)
  at org.apache.xerces.utils.StringPool.addNewSymbol(Compiled Code)
  at org.apache.xerces.utils.CharDataChunk.addSymbol(Compiled Code)
  at org.apache.xerces.readers.AbstractCharReader.addSymbol(Compiled Code)
  at org.apache.xerces.readers.AbstractCharReader.scanAttValue(Compiled
Code)
  at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.scanAttValue(Compiled
Code)
  at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.scanAttValue(Compiled Code)
  at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.scanElement(Compiled
Code)
  at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.dispatch(C
ompiled Code)
  at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(Compiled Code)
  at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(Compiled Code)
  at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(Compiled Code)
  at ParseXML.parseXML(Compiled Code)
  at ParseXML.main(Compiled Code)

I was wondering if you could shed any light on the operation of
the sax parser or the operation of the Xerces framework that may
be causing this problem.

I really need to do serial validation against a DTD for a 2 Gig
file.

Regards Wendy
the system manager of Queensland Rail.

This message has been swept by MIMESweeper for the presence of computer
viruses. No warranty is given that this message upon its receipt is
virus free and no liability is accepted by the sender in this respect.

This email is a message only; does not constitute advice and should not
be relied upon as such.