Posted to user@pig.apache.org by paul <pa...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/14 18:24:10 UTC

mapred job options in scripts?

Is it possible to configure things like *mapred.child.java.opts *using a pig
script, or am I bound to the values defined in hadoop-site.xml?  I would
prefer to run some of my scripts with less available memory than other jobs
that I have running in my system.

-pg

Re: mapred job options in scripts?

Posted by pi song <pi...@gmail.com>.
It is not possible. Last time I also had the same problem when I tried to
attach jconsole to my execution.

This feature is very useful. Please create a Jira for it.

Pi